Participation is an elastic concept. Without stretching it to much, I am looking forward to understand the kinds of participation in culture and society that happen through and with media. Participation is fluid. Who participates? how? participating in what? User generated content, produsers, consumer/producers, amateur media, etc.
- Jenkins, H, et al. (2012) Spreadable Media.
- Kelty, C. (2012) From Participation to Power. The Participatory Cultures Handbook.
- Media Ecologies (from Ito et al, 2010)
- Youthful steps towards civic participation: does the Internet help? (Livingston, Couldry and Marknam, 2007)
- Active PArticipation or just more Information? Young people's take-up of opportunities to act and interact on the Internet (Livinstone et al. 2005)
- Participation and civic engagement (from Children and the Internet, Livigstone 2009)
- Carpentier, N. (2011) Media and Participation
- Children and the Internet (Livingston 2009)
- Hargittai's works (various)
- Participation Gap